Things that make me happy:
- Downtime – last year’s snow storm threw a wrinkle in our flight plans but it turned out to be a blessing in disguise. We spent the entire holiday at home and it was exactly what we needed.
- Social events with friends – The calibre of people hired (at work) has just been amazing, both technically speaking & personality-wise. So, when I’m invited to things, I tend to say yes a lot. I’d like to keep saying ‘yes’ to more things this year while keeping in mind item #1.
- Spare change – Several years ago, I took a leap of faith to go back to school and ended up in the West into a position where I feel like a valued contributor. It’s a position that allows M and I to pay more attention to the quality of products we put in/on our bodies and engage services that better our lives. To be clear, we’re not completely debt free nor are we at the expected level of retirement savings. But we are working hard on those goals and it is incredibly freeing to have the ability to save aggressively and indulge periodically.
- M’s cooking – slowly but surely, M has morphed into the cook of the house and is he creative! Someday, I’ll convince him to start a healthy eating/cooking channel. 🙂
- Epsom salt baths – After much skepticism on my part, I caved in and took my first bath last year. I’m hooked and cannot believe that I didn’t take them before! My reasoning was so lame (in hindsight) that I won’t bother sharing. *stares sheepishly at ground*