I’m goal driven. Not in a type A way but in a way that seeing my goal’s progress makes me excited and motivated to stay the course.
This year, some immediate financial goals I have are:
- Build back our emergency fund to 3 months of living expenses.
- Max out my Fidelity Roth IRA contributions for the year
- Pay off my highest interest (16.99%) credit card and commit to using it only if paid off at the end of the month.
- Use snowball method to pay off second credit card with a slightly lower interest rate (14.99%)
- Continue down accrued interest on my student loans
Some long-term (i.e. by Dec 2015) financial goals I have are:
- Build up emergency fund to 9 months of living expenses.
- Max out Fidelity Roth IRA and open a Vanguard Roth IRA and max
- Open a long-term CD
A few years ago, I made a boneheaded decision that at the time, seems like a really good idea and I have since made a resolution that I’d rather eat bread and water than repeat said boneheaded decision. Nothing life threatening so don’t freak out mom! lol. But this is me being mature about my financial life now. Â 🙂
‘Tis all for now!