Spam-induced rage

Every darn day I login into my WordPress admin panel, I see that the Spammer’s nightmare (Akismet) has stopped X number of spams from making it onto my blog. What on earth possesses humans to urinate into the proverbial drinking well? I don’t get it. I don’t get it just the same way I don’t understand how student newspapers tend to be on the side of criminals 85% of the time. By the way, I just made that statistic up. Nevertheless, the case I’m talking about revolves around a university student who took undue advantage of the ‘anonymous’ teacher evaluations process to expose his hatred for a gay professor. He did this not once, but twice. To the teacher’s credit, he was willing to let the abuses go the first time this dolt wrote his nonsense. Second time, the teacher complained to the university which took the matter serious enough to hire a handwriting expert to flush out the rat. Well, expectedly the student newspaper took the student’s side, claiming the freedom of speech cloak covered the reprehensible toad. This is where I shake my head and beat said head against the proverbial wall. It’s people like this student who ruin the true purpose of freedom of speech. Freedom of speech probably licenses you to talk out of your butt, but for the love of all that’s holy, when you get called on your BS, don’t cry.